Talkdesk APIs by Use Case
Registering a Partner App (app installation and management)
- Apps API - detailed information about a specific partner app installation in a Talkdesk® customer's instance.
- Events API - exposes Talkdesk events as webhook calls. Allows you to subscribe to events around an app's lifecycle.
Contact Center (call center operations)
- Attributes API - allows the configuration of attributes and proficiency levels for each contact center agent.
- Callback API - places a caller in the queue without waiting on hold. The agent is dialed when the caller reaches the top of the queue.
- Campaign Management API - allows managing call center campaigns (creating and editing campaigns).
- Contacts API - check and edit contact information.
- Do Not Call Lists API - a Predictive Dialer solution that allows retrieving, creating, and modifying DNCL for Outbound Dialer.
- Fallback Experience API - allows the contact center admin to define the behavior that inbound calls must have when faced with an event that seriously compromises the contact center's capacity for handling inbound calls.
- Flows API - when the Flows API is triggered, it starts an interaction that executes the published version of a given Studio flow.
- Phone Validation API - performs phone validations on inbound calls to get device and phone number fraud-related insights.
- Recordings API - allows recording conversations automatically.
- Record Lists API - a Predictive Dialer solution that allows the creation, deletion, and cataloging of record lists.
- Ring Groups API - ring groups management.
- Scheduled Time Off API - allows importing agents' time-off information from multiple external apps, in sync, into a workforce management system.
- Voice Biometrics Opt-In API - allows setting a caller’s consent to enroll in voice biometrics.
- Voice Biometrics Opt-Out API - allows to programmatically opt-out enrolled users by deleting their voice profile.
- Identity Insights API - gives access to all Identity Call information regarding callers’ authentication with voice biometrics, and fraud-related insights concerning the caller’s phone number.
Data Platform (requesting Talkdesk data reports and metrics)
- Explore API - historical data reports source files.
- Guardian Cases API - allows access to the list of cases detected while analyzing Talkdesk® platform agents' behavior.
- Guardian Sessions API - allows access to session data from Talkdesk platform agents.
- Guardian Users API - all the information Guardian has about the account's user (name, role, ring groups, creation place, user activation, and status).
- Guardian Call Quality API - provides all Guardian's call quality information for 30 days.
- Live API - data in real-time.
- Reporting API - allows creating reporting jobs and downloading the corresponding historical reporting resource file.
Admin (management and information)
- Accounts API - information about a Talkdesk® account.
- Bulk Import API - allows creating and updating agents' settings by uploading a CSV file.
- Usage-Manage API - retrieves information about an account's wallet and bucket configurations.
- Users API - retrieves the list of users in an account and detailed information about them.
- Webhook Trigger API - allows the connection between Microsoft Power Automate™ and Talkdesk®, by creating a new custom integration powered by Talkdesk Connections™.
Accessing Talkdesk APIs
- If you are a current customer with a plan, submit a request asking for API access, and send your account information. Please note that each partner app has access to a set of APIs (the requested ones) and there can be no exceptions (adding or removing scopes) per customer request.
- If you are a current customer without a plan, contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Go here if you are interested in becoming a partner.
Talkdesk APIs are available to platform partners and enterprise customers.
Talkdesk doesn't give API access to third-parties other than customers, or third-party companies engaged with the Talkdesk AppConnect™ partnership program.
Unencrypted credentials must not be shared with anyone (not even with Talkdesk).
Talkdesk Customers or Testing
To access a specific account's data (for example, for Talkdesk customers using Talkdesk APIs to customize their experience or partners testing out and experimenting with Talkdesk APIs), you can use Builder to generate an account-restricted OAuth client. In this case, you can use the base URL that corresponds to the account region.
Partner apps can access the Talkdesk APIs by using the Events API to get OAuth client credentials for specific customers that install the app. You get this by listening to the app.installed event. This event provides not only the OAuth client credentials but also a link, named
root, which specifies the localized API Gateway to access the Talkdesk APIs and retrieves data for the specified customer. The
root link is present at all events.
1 - Where Can I Find Generic Information about Talkdesk APIs?
Here you can find generic information about Talkdesk and search for available APIs by area and operation.
2 - What Talkdesk APIs are Generally Available (GA)?
You can find here all GA Talkdesk APIs sorted by use case.
3 - How Can I Access Talkdesk APIs?
You can find here all information regarding Talkdesk API access.
4 - How Can I Access Early Access (EA) APIs?
EA APIs are only available to Talkdesk EA customers. To enter the EA program, contact a Customer Success Manager.
5 - Where Can I Find Information about Authentication?
You can access all the information regarding authentication:
6 - Where Can I Find GA Endpoints Documentation?
All GA Talkdesk API endpoints are documented here.
If you have questions or technical issues, please open a ticket using this form.
Updated about 2 months ago