The Records Lists API, a Talkdesk Predictive Dialer™ solution, allows the creation, deletion, and cataloging of record lists.
A record is a contact of a client that can aggregate a phone number, first and last name, timezone, priority and any extra information that you may want to add about that specific customer.
A list is a group of records that are inserted via API or UI.
As a real life example, consider the case where a customer wants to be contacted by a utility company to acquire their service, and fills a form on their website. By using the Record Lists API, the Campaign Manager can automate the insertion of the lead from the form to the list inside a campaign. After the lead is inserted, because it’s a hot lead, the dialer will dial that lead before dialing any other older record. By using the Record Lists API, companies can very quickly get in touch with customers that just filled in a request for contact.
The Records Lists API allows to:
- Get all records lists.
- Get the contents of a record list given a list ID.
- Get one record from a record list
- Create a record list
- Create a signed URL to upload a CSV for a new record list.
- Create a signed URL to upload a CSV file into an existing record list.
- Add new records to an existing list given a list ID.
- Return an upload request object and start file validation. Notifies via WebHook or Workspace notification when it is finished, if previously set to do so.
- Delete one record from a record list.
- Delete a record by phone number.
- Update a record.
- Update a list of records.
- Delete records (bulk) from record IDs and record list ID or phone numbers.
- Get a list of records.
The Records Lists API also allows inserting records inside lists, which can be hot leads or normal records. This API can also be used to integrate with external and CRM services.
The identifier for a record list can be found by enumerating lists within the account or in the List tab by pressing the engine wheel button for each list.
The Record Lists API has been in General Availability since August 2021.
If you have questions or technical issues, please open a ticket using this form.
Updated 30 days ago