The Render Form allows you to build interactive forms with a complete set of options like the ability to prefill fields using variables or default values, or marking them as required.
The form Fields section (Figure 1) allows you to configure each of the form fields that you wish to have.
When opening the component editor, you have the option to add a title to the form (Figure 1 - 1) and configure a field (Figure 1 - 2).
To add more form fields, click the Add field button (Figure 2 - 1). You can also remove a field that is no longer needed by clicking the delete icon (Figure 2 - 2).
In each form field, you have the following configuration options:
- “Required” toggle (Figure 2 - 3) - mark the field as required by clicking the toggle button.
- Label (Figure 2 - 4) - the caption for the respective form field (required field).
- Type (Figure 2 - 5) - the field type of the form field.
- Default value (Figure 2 - 6) - the default value of the form field. You can choose a variable or a specific value to automatically fill this field.
- Store in variable (Figure 2 - 7) - the variable in which you want to store the field value after the form submission, to be used later on in the flow. Only variables from read-write sources are available (required field).
Once you're done filling out all the form fields, click the Save button (Figure 1 - 3).
When using Variables with default values, the form field will only be automatically filled if and when the variable has value. If not, it will remain empty.
A Render Form must always have, at least, one field. There is no maximum number of fields.
Available Field Types
You can define the following form field types:
- Text - text input field.
- Textarea - textarea input field.
- Checkbox - checkbox that you can mark as checked or unchecked.
If you are using the Checkbox field type and want to add a default value, please note:
- If the value is from a variable, its value has to be
- If you add a custom value other than
false, it will be converted to
- If the variable has a value of
null, or of an empty string, the checkbox will appear as empty. If there’s no interaction, the value is preserved. Otherwise, it will be
false, depending on the checkbox status.
Once you're done filling out all the form fields, click the Save button (Figure 2 - 8).
If you have questions or technical issues, please open a ticket using this form.
Updated 21 days ago